How much do you know about the personal information of your kid's School Personnel?

Do you ask if the Principal has kids or if your kid's Teacher is married...etc...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• oy. vey. public record is public record for a reason, Bridget. If u wanna hand your babies over to drunks, sluts, criminals and god knows what else, u feel free, ok? But not mine. I choose to utilize all the tools that society & law enforcement has given me to ensure their education goes well.

Ever heard the terms too much of a good thing and misuse of power? You cross the line with your busy-bodyness. You are not forced to use the public school system and your current attitude and lack of common sense will negatively impact your children and their education before all is said and done. Your children will be the ones that good teachers ask not to have in their classroom. Why not homeschool and save yourself the time doing all that sleuth work? Or do you enjoy getting personal info on ppl? I feel sorry for your kids as you seem rather limited as well as paranoid.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It's really none of your business. Why would you want to know. And why would you ask the principal? If you think you have a right to know shouldn't you just ask the teacher?

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't know anything about their personal life, that's why it's called personal. As long as they are doing a good job teaching my child then that's all I care about.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Thorugh out the year, in conversation, pictures on the desks, talking w/ your child's teacher, and other staff of the school, you'll get the stuff you need to know about.
    Whatever they don't tell you, they don't feel like sharing. Do you ask your doctor, waitress, mailman questions about his/her personal life?
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 6:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i am creepy and overprotective. anyone in contact with my kids, i know everything. marital status, judgements and financials and property values, a picture of their home, criminal background, slutty myspaces and facebooks, etc etc etc. Ive passed up a ballet teacher and a LOT of babysitters this way. luckily their current preschool teachers and clear, lol. (this is all free, public record, online)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Well, some of that stuff does come up in conversations, but how would you feel if the questions were fired back at you? Teachers, admins, etc are allowed to have a personal life, I bet they even have sex. Maybe with the lights on! Ohh, those wild teachers. Seriously though, it's none of my or your business, so no I don't ask. If it comes up, fine, but it's not my place to ask.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Sorry hibbingmom, how do you find out about their financials? And how is it any of your business? Pics of their homes? Marital status? Way over the line in my opinion.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• you HAVE to know these things though... we see all the time on the news about a bus driver or school janitor who slipped thru the cracks and WHOOPSIE has a background touching children in a bad way. i wanna know if the principal and teacher (both class room and gym, art, etc) have had multiple DUI's or whatever else... it could be relevant to a childs care at some point in time, u know?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• canadianmom = for example suppose a teacher has moved 5 times and been divorced 3 times in the last couple years. should I let my kid get attatched to him/her and risk problems? Not me, not my kids.

and oh, the house picture is generally attatched to the property tax info I dont specifically seek it out.

you generally call references and check up on a sitter and a nanny... and they only spend a LITTLE time with your kid. a teacher is like 40 hours a week!!!!!!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Why do you need a photo of their house? Why do you need their financials? Yes they are with your kids, but does that mean they no longer have a right to privacy? I work in a school and none of my students parents need to know that I'm going to get completely smashed drunk this weekend or that I had kinky sex last night, or what bills I have paid on time and which I still owe. Not your business, and to me crosses the line into an invasion of privacy and even stalking.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009