How do you know that your financially stable enough to have another baby?

I want to have another baby but my husband said that were not financially stable enough to have our second child. I'm not working right now but we are paying all our bills. My other son is 2 years old and almost fully potty trained.

jakesmom8407

Asked by jakesmom8407 at 6:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well, guys always worry about money more than we do. we ran our budget how it is currently. then we ran it again, ading in our increase in health insurance, diapers, and other stuff like that, to make sure we could afford it. our daughter is 20 months old now, and we just started ttc.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• in my opinion there's never a PERFECT time. u never know what will happen. what if you are doing AWESOME money wise and then boom, you're on 6 months of bedrest and your husband burns thru all his vacation time, u need a nanny or daycare, etc. or the baby could have medical problems. there's no such thing as planning for a baby, IMO. if you're current on all your bills, have a debt plan, and everyone has clothes, food, and medical insurance, I say you're good 2 go
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I am 8 weeks pregnant with my second child and my first child will be 3 yrs next month. I did not know rather we would be rather either but somehow God always works things out for us. I was worried the first time around and everything worked out financially. If it was up to me and my worrying about things I would not have had any children yet. Sometimes when you think that you cant you actually can. If you think about it you probably have the crib, some clothes, bottles, etc if you havent given it away. But I think the second time around that you are better prepared than you think....... Think about it and talk it over some more you just may be able to. Hope everything works out for you.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 6:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Like the 1st PP said add the additional cost of medical insurance, your part of the cost for the OBGYN or Midwife for prenatal care and the cost of the delivery, the cost of diapers, a crib, breast pump, and all the other things you will need including any maternity clothing you'll need to add to your wardrobe.

Then add up any loss of money your husband will have to go through when he misses work for the delivery.

It's also a good idea to have a couple of thousand dollars in savings for emergencies that may occur during your pregnancy. Idealy having enough money to keep you living at your current lifestyle for 6 months is best incase your DH, God Forbid!!, loses his job or something and you are unable to get one due to your pregnancy.

GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Is anyone ever stable with money? I say if you want another baby take that leap of faith, and go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• in my opinion your never stable unless your bill gates but dont let that stop you raise your family as long as you can pay your rent/mortgage go for it now a days there are so many ways the gov. can help you if u get in a rut
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You're never stable enough! LOL!!
    Well, you'll have to prepare a nursery for the child. Figure in cost of diapers, possibly formula and then having an extra mouth to feed. You already stay home...Are you involved in the finances?? Take a look yourself and have a serious discussion with your husband. Oh and the cost of delivery (duh).
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009