who bought a changing table? how long did you use it for?

was it helpful?

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 6:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I used it...to store things on but never used it to change her on...used the crib, the couch, my bed, the floor but never the table.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i might have used my changing table two or three times .but i agree its makes a good place to put things.lol
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Not for changing the baby LOL. I used it to store clothes, burp pads, blankets, diapers, wipes and just about everything else that I used all the time. I think they are a waste of money for changing the baby.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Changing tables are a waste of money. Plain and simple. If you want someone other than a bed and/or floor to change your child, buy a changing table mattress and put on top of a dresser and use it as such. But to me I never saw the point of changing tables. It was so much easier for me to just change my son wherever I was at, just throw a blanket down and I was good.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Used it for the first couple of months then went back to my "changing them on the sofa" routine LOL.
    Only had it for my middle child. Ever since its been used as a dresser for the kids clothes.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• it is great for stoiring things but i'm going to disagree with all the PPs. I have a 14 month old son and I still use mine. I keep all the stuff there so it's just easier for me to use it. It's great for organizing things and having everything there when you need it so you're not running around your house looking for stuff and saying " where did I put that" You'll always know cuz it will always be there I have however seen these really cool organizer things that are like a sort of changing caddy. They can go where ever in your house and everything is there. If you're thinking twice about a changer I would consider that.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 7:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• DD is 4 (in a few weeks) and DS is 2. I still use it ALL THE TIME for DS, and occasionally for DD.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• AshleyG, you can keep things just as together and organized without spending $100 -$300 on a changing table.

Krysta622, you still change a 4 year old on a changing table (Even occasionally) that is a bit much.

I never had a changing table with my kids and I kept everything right together, never had a problem not finding stuff and the best thing is the money I saved on buying a pointless piece of furniture is I could put that money towards other stuff. Also had space that wasn't being taken up by once again pointless furniture.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I used the changing table until her first birthday. Then she was getting too big. I liked the changing table because I had everything there, no running around for things I need.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i love my changing table... i like that its my height doing it on the bed bending hurt my back.. i will use it till she outgrows its she is 9 months now and dont see retiring it anytime in the near future
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009