Is anyone else not excited about their pregnancy?

I am feeling very resentful and just pessimistic towards this pregnancy. We were preventing and apparently my dh has supersperm. I just wish we had never gotten pregnant at all. :( Anyone else? and how did you deal with it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im sorry you feel that way. if thats really how you feel i would seriously consider adoption. you dont want to raise a baby w that kind of hostility and resentmant.

i wish you luck.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• No way, after loosing 2 babies in a row, I want this pregnancy more than anything, I hope you start to feel better about it soon, babies are a blessing, GL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• you'll warm up to it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• thank you all for answering. My DH is really excited. . . I had to go off of my PPD meds the last trimester and I think that it has a lot to do with how i feel. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Keep in mind dear that your hormones are going nuts right now. That could be a good part of why you aren't happy right now babe! I've been fighting the blues my entire pregnancy! I have a 3 year old son and a 2 year old daughter already and I found out that this one is a girl also. I worry about things, like the daughter I already have and I not being as close as we are now. I worry about alot of things. Sometimes I just don't feel happy, there doesn't have to be any reason. You are allowed to feel anyway you feel, it's a part of life. So, right now, you aren't happy. But maybe once your baby gets here, you'll feel diffrently. Maybe not. I wouldn't make any rash decisions based on what you feel right now because of the hormone thing.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i had to get off my depression meds as well

and i had to quit drinking and quit smoking which were my only "outs" after medication. unhealthy i know but it's how i was dealing with my imbalances.

i've gotten progressively happier and i'm almost 8 months pregnant now

it gets so much better.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I felt this way at first. We found out a week before my hubby deployed that I was pregnant. We had been actively trying NOT to get pregnant, and well....it obviously didnt work. I had planned on getting in really good shape over the summer, when he came home we were planning on a nice vacation, not to mention I was happy with the way our family just the way it was. Now, I'm 35 weeks, and I'm excited. It took a little while to get that way, but eventually I did. There are still times part of me wishes we would have been a little more careful but for the most part, I'm glad this happened now. Yes, its going to make things a little harder on me at times, but I know this baby will be as much of a joy to us as our other two are.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I literally JUST went through this exact situation... minus the depression meds thing. Anyway, I am a very religious person, so I prayed a lot to accept the pregnancy first. I was in some serious denial about it, didn't even tell anyone and convinced myself that it would end up in miscarriage so I wouldn't have to worry about a new baby. My son is 10 months old now and I just hit the second trimester, so you can probably see why I was freaking out a little. Once I accepted it, it was only a matter of time before I felt happy about it. I'm still working through it some, but I'm mostly happy. I spent a few minutes of each day with my hand on my belly, thinking about how wonderful a healthy new baby would be. It's a way to sort of mentally and emotionally spend time with your little one. You won't want to at first, but it's worth it in the end. Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You should really think about if you want this baby u r going to have to love him there are lots of people who would love 2 have ur baby if u dont.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2009