Why do people?

Why do people leave their spouses for someone else thinking everything is greener, then end up miserable, and end up staying with the person that makes them miserable? I think they don't want to admit they messed up and they don't have any place else to go. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep, my sister is proof of that.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Probably embarrassment is some of it. Maybe exhaustion is another reason. Could be they realized the problem wasn't with the guys, but with them and "No matter where they go, there they are." So, they stay.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 7:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• sure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• People think the grass is greener on the other side all the time. What they don't realize is that grass may very well be a cow pasture and full of crap.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think that people do realize what they left behind. My DD father is a perfect example. He got someone pregnant I told him I was leaving. He immediatly moved her in and married her. His life is so miserable now. He can't even have his DD at his home because of her. He looks unhappy, he told me about a year ago that he made a big mistake and apologized for breaking our family up. That he should have married me. Sorry about him though because I would never take him back ever again. But he still stays with her and is the miserablest person I know.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009