What would you do?

We're really struggling right now. My DH says we need to rent our house out and move in with my parents. We're barely making ends meet, but I really don't want to move in with them. I love them dearly, but I can't imagine moving back. He says that we can save a lot of money doing this and then we can move back home in a year with a big savings account. What do you think we should do? No rude comments please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think you should try our Work at Home United!

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Why don't you just cut back on some of the luxury you might have that way you can save and at the same time be in your own home...If not his idea is ok I guess. I kind of like it just me and my dh and our kids only.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Moving back with parents is a last resort. You're not kids anymore.

Sell the house if you can.

Or if you can't, rent the house out and get a super cheap apartment. Look into the methods suggested by Dave Ramsey.

www.daveramsey.com
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 7:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• How do your parents feel about this?! Do they even want you back? seriously!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• OP here. My Dad thinks it's a good idea too. We're 24 & 25 years old with 2 kids. We can't sell our house, we bought it last year and it's not worth what we bought it for. The bank won't help us out either. We would still have to pay $500 a month plus property taxes in Dec & April if we rent it out. We have cut back on a lot things already. Our life has completely changed within the past 7 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If your parents are ok with the idea and are not just agreeing out of a sense of obligation, then maybe it is worth letting them help.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Awesome... why not move in with HIS parents? Ignorance of the sitch makes me wonder why he volunteers your family as a 'resource' rather than equally rely on his own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You know as long as it is ok with them make sure to help them out financially as well by giving them money going grocery shopping etc. Don't just live there put in your support financially there as well!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Sep. 10, 2009