the bus

stupid me,i asked my daughter a question that i didnt want to know.was there anyone getting bullied on the bus this year?last year it was her best friend who is tough and can take it.well,this year its my daughter...my heart broke.i saw red.so we went over what she should say.i really dont know what to do if this progresses to another level.my daughter seems to get the brunt of alot...(i know she needs to grow some)but like they say .you can lead a horse to water...any advice?

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in

• If her best friend is tough and can take it, then she needs to stand up for your dd. Most bullies will back down if they're confronted and "called out" in front of everyone. Loners get picked on more than kids in groups b/c in the groups, they tend to stick up for each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• ya strength in numbers!!!
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• What does she consider bullying? Sometimes kids think they are being bullied and it may not be the case at all. If she is talk with the driver. Many buses video tape and if it is happening the driver should be made aware so they can watch the tape to find out who it is. You can call transportation and let them know your fears.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my dh drove a bus pt for a while and NEVER toleranted bullies... infact I lost count how many times those bullies were removed and made to find other ways to and from school until they straightened up.... talk to the school and to the bus garage (those who are put the schedule together)....
    No child deserves to be bullied and most times it's the older children that are doing the bulling ... even HS'ers so just don't teach your dd to speak up, but complain about it too....

Good Luck
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Most schools have a zero tolerance police towards bullying. You must bring this to the attention of the school. No child should ever have to put up with this.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009