Whats the chances?

I lost the same guy to the same girl 30 years apart. My high school sweetheart and I had plans to get married when we graduated, but my parents divorced and I moved away. We stayed in contact for a year before we broke up. He started dating this girl and she got pregnant. They married, but he stayed in contact occassionally thru the years. They divorced 2 years ago. He contacted me and we started talking again. The feelings(?) or something was still there for both of us. We started talking and decided to meet again. Things were great, but there was a biting feeling in my mind that he still had emotional ties to his ex. He denied them but she kept popping into the picture and several times he started to end things because she was pursuing him. Red flags should have gone off, but old feelings were still there for me. Needless to say, he recently broke it off to be with her again. My heart is broken. I feel like a fool

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• No, he's the fool.

You have been nothing but honest with him about how you feel. No reason to be embarrassed about that.

But, you now know he isn't serious about you. I'm sorry. If he comes around again, you know to kick him to the curb.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 7:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I agree with above. You now know that he is not serious about you. He was probably lonely and contacted you. That is a man for you. Hopefully you find TRUE love one day and otherwise know that you deserve better than a man who is going to leave you to go back to something that obviously didn't work. Good luck to you.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• a reason
    a season
    or
    a lifetime

he is not the third

try not to be bitter, he is what he is,
    sounds like a romance novel, do you write?
    make something out of the experience, or take something away from the experience

what was your life like the 30 years inbetween?
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• it was never meant to be thats the only way to look at it,noo need to feel bad
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• This happens a lot. Ppl think that a high school love is forever but in reality we are in love with the love we thought we had. He had 30 yrs as an adult with her. He had memories with you. It's not foolish to think that it might have had a chance but chances are slim that they will work out. Some will but many don't bc as adults we are different people. It's good that you found out though. That's something that many never get to do and always wonder. My child hood sweetheart showed up at my door a few years ago. He moved to the small town in FL I had moved to. He thought it would work for us. I remembered why we didn't get married back then and I sent him on his way. It is sad for a while but remember now that you know he's not IT then you are freed up to find Mr Right. It's all good.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009