Jury dute nonsense...

I regestered to vote right before Obama became president, I was selected to do jury duty April, May, and June. I surved, i'm supposed to be excused from doing it again for 3 years. Yet they sent me another thing in the mail, stating i have jury duty again. What do i do, how do i get out of it?

lynsey7

Asked by lynsey7 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm sure if you can prove that you already did your service for this time period, they'll probably excuse you.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Bring it up when you go in for the jury selection. If they don't dismiss you, pretend like the plaintiff is your bestfriend and the defense will probably let you go.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 7:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I got out of it b/c I said I had noone to watch my son during the time
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 7:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Call them up and explained what you said here. My DH was called to serve jury duty in the wrong county. One phone call and it was taken care of.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would love to be called for jury duty but then again I spent most of my college years in a court room studying the cases and outcomes for my law classes. Just tell them that you are a racist and they'll dismiss you :) JK, really they just need to find one little thing that would make you biased and they'll dismiss to ensure a fair trial.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 8:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The process should be explained on the summons; if it is not, call the county (or the municipality that issued the summons).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009