My sister is pregnant and is looking for a cheap but good breastpump ... what is the best brand?? that has a good price too?

beccan

Asked by beccan at 7:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Her hands! It's possible to hand express milk as fast as inexpensive pumps and it's free. Go to google and search Marmet technique for directions.

I wouldn't recommend any of the cheap pumps. If she is going to use a pump every day the Pump in Style is the pump to get. She could get a used pump from Craigslist. They go for around $50 where I live.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 7:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The answer to this depends on what she will be using it for. Occasional bottle? Part time work? Full time work?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• well madela i hear is great but is pretty costly

I would say the cheapest i can think of with pretty good suction is playtex, they even sell them at walmart. My mom also said that a manual pump works great too, or just like pp said using your hands. Good Luck
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If working full time..NO CHEAPIES. Lansinoh at $150 is as low as you can go. You get what you pay for. The cheaper pumps have deservedly bad reputations for underperforming. You end up paying twice as much to replace the cheapo.

If she's only needing an occasional bottle, Avent Isis for about $50.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Is she eligible for WIC, because I know WIC used to give out breast pumps. Also,tell her to ask her pre-natal nurse, she will have all type of information.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Tell her to call WIC. I got two different ones from them, both were free. And I have seen them in magazines and what not being recommended, so I would guess they were good. But nothing ever worked for my boobs... No pumps, not my hands... Nothing but babies could get milk out of there... lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• she wants to pump right after the baby eats... to store up milk..
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 9:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2009