Crochet help

I know there is a youtube video on how to crochet a puff ball-like on the top of a ski hat...anyone have any links please?

Asked by Apr1l at 5:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Crochet Help and Information
    Crochet learn how, tips techniques and more. Help with all of your crochet related questions and free patterns.
    you couldnt do a search yourself?

Answer by vbruno at 6:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I DID do a search first before posting a question duh!

Answer by Apr1l at 6:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• i dont know any links, but you have to take the yarn and wrap it around your 3 fingers until its thick, then take a seperate peice of yarn and tie the layered circle of yarn together in the middle part tight. Then cut the ends until its the size you want

Answer by HappyOLucky at 7:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• You can use cardboard as well, thats what I did to make pompoms.

Answer by L.R.I.Ma at 2:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• yes, cardboard works, or anything else for that matter. Just wrap it enough that you will have a huge thick chunk of yarn to work with- slide the wrapped yarn off the cardboard and tie around it with more yarn- then cut the loops and fluff.
    my husband was kind enough to make me a gadget for doing this- its two dowels on a stand with drilled holes to move the dowels closer or farther away depending on how big or small I want my ball to be.

Answer by apunian at 4:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2008