What will Obama do if the teleprompter goes out tonight?

Maddow was concerned about this today. Sad thing is, she was serious. Bush, Clinton and all others that I can recall were able to talk without it.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Bush wasn't able to talk even WITH it. And that goes for both Bushes. They have some sort of disability when it comes to public speaking.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• LMAO...The GREAT orator falls flat on his face every time the teleprompter has problems. The highly intelligent man (that doesnt write his own speeches) cant handle a speech without it.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• There will likely be A LOT of commercial breaks! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I agree with SW.

Obama is a way better speaker than Bush was, with or without a teleprompter.
    Berd

Answer by Berd at 7:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• rolling on floorGood one swasson! Obama will be fine. If all fails I'm sure he'll tell some story about his childhood where he had to walk 50 miles in the desert with no shoes to get to school....oh yeah that's wrong his mom made him get up at 4:30 a.m. to study at home. Maybe he'll just sing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• But Carpy, you don't like Maddow because she is such a liberal media tool. Why would you pay any attention to anything she says? Oh wait, because it fit into your "I hate everything Obama" repetoire.

Who cares what she says? (And I like the chick-she cracks me up!)
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 7:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• he'll be fine...lol he's just have to go back to the old fashioned note cards...LOL I hated those during speech and debate classes during college

and I agree with SW
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• What every anchor on TV does when their prompter goes...look at the printed copy.

No such thing as a paperless newsroom. And I used to tell anchors on a regular basis that they needed to practice without the prompter just in caase.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Obama is a way better speaker than Bush was, with or without a teleprompter.

Hiltler was a great speaker too (not calling Obama Hitler before you I am attacked). Many people are good speakers just have the wrong message.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• But Carpy, you don't like Maddow because she is such a liberal media tool.

I watch them all.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009