How many onesies does a newborn need? for nb-3 months? (outrageous)

I just went through my onesies and i have 23 new ones hanging in the closet and my friend gave me 46 used ones

Should I be giving some away??

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I'd keep all the ones I don't hate for now. Newborns can be spit up machines, and you may not feel like doing laundry that often. Give the rest of 'em away when they're outgrown. Or, if some have the tags on, exchange them for some in larger sizes. My preemie was out of NB-3 month size by 8 weeks.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• There comes a point where you're changing baby's ENTIRE outfit multiple times a day. I had a couple of days when I could go through six onesies. So...how often do you like to do laundry? That will determine how many onesies you need.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• each baby is different i chnaged my bbay about 3 times or 4 times a day. but you wont need a ton i only had like 10.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I say 20 is a good number. I would say give away some. There's only so many onesies a baby needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It depends on how often she /he wears them and how often you do laundry. If you consider a newborn can often go through a total change of clothes 3 or even 4 times a day and if you only did laundry every 3 days that could be 12 onsies. I don't think 20 is a bad number. As for the other 46..I would go through them and see if there is one or two you especially like and donate the rest to someone else.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think i'll use the new onesies for when we have company or if we go out and use the used ones for at home. Either way they'll be passed on when she outgrows them, I may as well have more than I need now than not have enough later. I do laundry on an as needed basis and kids clothes are tiny.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would wait until your baby is a couple weeks old, that way you have a better idea of how many you need. in the meantime just sort them out by size and how much you like them. If there are any you absolutely hate go ahead and pass them along.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I would give some away U will need a few each day but not as many as you have, the baby will grow so fast and out grow them quick too.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2009