HOW WILL I EVER GET OVER MY FIANCE' DYING?

SO WE HAD PLANNED OUR LIVES TOGETHER. I HAD BOUGHT THINGS FOR OUR HOUSE & GOT ALL EXCITED.... EVEN BOUGHT A DRESS. HE WAS IN THE ARMY, GOING THROUGH TECH SCHOOL.(GOODFELLOW, TEXAS) HE WAS GONNA GRADUATE FROM TECH SCHOOL IN JANUARY....THATS WHEN EVERYTHING WAS GONNA BE DELT WITH. WE WERE GONNA GET MARRIED.
WELL HE WAS ON HIS WAY TO TEL HIS MOTHER ABOUT ME & HIM, ON SEPTEMBER 4TH, 2009. HE HAD GOTTEN INTO A CAR ACCIDENT & DIED INSTANTLY. :(
I FEEL AS IF I COULDA BEEN ABLE TO PREVENT THIS. LIKE IF I WOULDA CALLED HIM THAT DAY OR SOMETHING. JUST ANYTHING.
&& I THOUGHT IT WAS HARD BEING AWAY FROM HIM FOR 6 MONTHS....LITTLE DID I KNOW IT'D BE FOREVER. :(

LIFE IS SO SHORT && NOW I RELAIZE THAT. HONESLTY I FEEL LIKE SHIT, HAVEN'T EATEN IN DAYS & JUST PLAIN TIRED.

I'D DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING TO GET HIS LIFE BACK. && I KNOW I CAN'T BUT THIS JUST REALLY REALLY SUCKS.

bekahbaby35

Asked by bekahbaby35 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• honey i know how you feel, and am sorry for your loss, i lost my husband july 1st 2009 due to a drunk driver my DD was with but she thankfully survived he died instantly (was not seat belted) it never goes away the pain but we learn to work with it, remember the good, and remember the beautiful child he gave you, his memory will always be there walking outside
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• OMG...I am so sorry to hear all of this that you are going through. It is not your fault and what happened, happened...My prayers are with you.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• THANK YOU GUYS.
    THIS JUST HURTS SO BAD.
    bekahbaby35

Answer by bekahbaby35 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Loss of someone you love is always so hard. I think it is even harder, or just maybe more shocking, when it is unexpected. This news is very fresh for you. Give yourself some time. There is no 'time' that is right for everyone. We all have to grieve at our own pace. A Support group might help a lot. People who feel what you're feeling. Support. People to talk to when you just need someone there. Try really hard no to isolate yourself too much. Take good care of you. Your fiance would want that I'm sure. I'm sorry you are hurting right now...but it will hurt less as time passes. I know it doesn't help right now..but there is hope at the end of the tunnel.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I am so so sorry for your loss.

Understand that nothing here was YOUR fault. It was an ACCIDENT.

If you haven't done so already, go talk to a chaplain, or to a counselor. No bottling it up.

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT. Your calling him wouldn't have changed anything.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I agree about giving yourself time to grieve and finding a support group/system. Pray. Eat a little bit. Talk to a pastor. I'll be thinking and praying for you.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• hugsThere was nothing you could do to keep it from happening. Just know he died loving you and thinking of you. Yes it hurts and will for a long time to come but he wouldn't want you sad forever. He'd want you to grieve then remember and honor him by living a happy life. That is what he wanted for you when he was alive and that's what he wants for you now. He'll be watching over you. Condolences on your loss

Answer by admckenzie at 8:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I am so very sorry for you loss I can feel the pain you are in. Although it was not my husband or soon to be husband I lost my brother. He was on his way to work one morning and was killed in a car accident. It has been 3 years and I'm not going to lie to you I still have some difficult days. We all went through the same thing you are if one of us had just called him etc etc. but it was just his time to go for whatever reason. I always keep in mind that he would not want us sitting around depressed he would want us to treasure the days we have, to enjoy life to its fullest ,and not let the little things get is down. The best thing to do is exactly what you have done here just talk to people let all of those feelings out. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. You can contact me anytime if you just want to chat.
    jpal0507

Answer by jpal0507 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• So sorry for your loss. I do know how you feel kinda. The pain doesn't go away. Just think of and remember the good times and memories you two shared together. I had a good friend, whom I did date. Well we split up, stayed good friends. I found someone else, got married; So did he. Well last July he committed suicide in his basement. He left behind an adorable infant son, a daughter and a worthless wife. Parents and many friends. I will always remember the good times and memories we shared together throughout our lives(known him since about 5yrs old)
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2009