OK, I'm desperate for any information...(warning TMI)

So, sitting in class today I had to pee BADLY!! No joke. So I run to the bathroom and guess what, I peed so little and it was soooo slow that it was ridiculous. At any rate, this is just one issue, I am also constantly itching but not yeast itching, just an unstoppable itching right on the, well, umm, clit. So at any rate, it is this constant itching, then the peeing, and I feel like I constantly have to pee. I mean, I pee, get up and feel like I still have to pee. This is driving me nuts. I know it isn't yeast, so what else could be causing this? Anyone have ANY idea? I know I probably need to see the doc, but that takes time and I am short on that right now, so if anyone knows of anything I do at home, or any suggestions on what to do, I'd appreciate that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Health

• It definitely sounds like you have a UTI. The only way to get rid of a UTI is with antibotics and you will want to do that ASAP UTI's can lead to kidney infections etc. They also can become extremely painful. I would call my doctor they will usually get you in same day if you say you think you think you have a UTI. Drink lots of fluids including cranberry juice there is also an over the counter medicine that will help with the discomfort it is called Uristat you can get it at any pharmacy. You should drink cranberry juice daily even after the infection is cleared up to help prevent future infections that or take cranberry pills. Take care of yourself I hope you feel better soon.
    jpal0507

Answer by jpal0507 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You need to see the doc. It sounds like a urinary tract infection.

Answer by Bmat at 8:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You have a urinary tract infection. See a doc.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You will need antibiotics, there aren't any home remedies for a UTI. Also get some cranberry juice and drink lots of it. It will help balance you out, also get some yogurt, it will help as well when you go on antibiotics. GL, hope you feel better!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• im guessing a UTI, i've never had one but know of people who have and thats what they say they get so go talk to a doctor so they can get you on some meds to get rid of it...it sounds horrible and so inconvenient...GL
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I had the same problem and I went to the dr, and yep it was a UTI... drink alot of water and cranberry juice and take some A-z-os and you should be doing better in a weeks bc that one dr visit cost me over 1200 dollars so try my method out for a week if it dont work it could be a bad infection then you will have to go to the dr, good luck.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• OK, sorry, I forgot to mention I have been having this problem for months. I don't think a UTI would last that long would it??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• They can...not everyone responds the same to infection. I worked in an ob/gyn office for many years and there were times we caught UTI's and the patient didn't have any symptoms. You may have had this for some time since it hasn't been treated the infection is getting worse so you may be starting to see symptoms now and they will only increase in severity.
    jpal0507

Answer by jpal0507 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You could have a UTI or bladder infection. Both of those will last til they get treated. Could progress to kidney infection, so you will want to get it checked out ASAP.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009