styep b virus and fast delivery

LuiggiValentin

Asked by LuiggiValentin at 8:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was positive and had a very fast delivery, went in at 9:25 and had him at 9:45 so they didn't have time to give the antibiotics, our son was fine.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• What about it? like what do they do if you don't have time for antibiotics? I have super fast and never had the antibiotics some Dr want to watch your baby for 48 hours
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 8:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I had this w/my second child (not my first) and was not able to get antibiotics. They did a quick blood draw after the baby was born and to make sure everything was OK and also watched her for 48 hours. Really, it's no big thing! GOOD LUCK! :)
    LizServo

Answer by LizServo at 8:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If you have a fast delivery than the baby is even more less likely to get the virus. At least that's what they told me, although I got antibiotics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I had strep B and I got the full dose of antibiotics but in no way did I have a fast delivery. I was in labor for 22 hours and then pushed for 3. I know after my son was born, he was checked several times over the next 2 days to see if he was showing any signs of infection so I'm sure if your delivery went so fast they didn't have enough time to give you antibiotics, they would definitely take all the precautions and care to make sure your baby was okay afterwards.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/group-b-streptococcus.html

In truth, there are many reasons you don’t want antibiotics for Group B Streptococcus, besides the fact that they don’t improve outcomes at all. These include:
    Read more: http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/group-b-streptococcus.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Thank you all... i go to the Doctor today. I gave birth in 20 min last child, and they are planning on inducing for this one so that I get the antibiotics the baby needs.. I do not take antibiotics even when prescribed because i never like to remember to take a pill ALSO i dont want to become imune. so i believe since my body recognizes the antibiotic as a new powerful thing, it should do its thing perfectly. My only concern is that I deliver 2 to 3 weeks beofore due date and do not have time to get the antibiotics. I guess it does make sense that if i give birth that fast, then the baby will not have time to grab the virus in the canal?>??? I will push extra hard and maybe he will only be in there for 1 min or less. that would be great. I am going to see the doctor today and will let you know how it goes. Thanks for such quick responses.... Mary Beth.... cuzwewanna
    LuiggiValentin

Answer by LuiggiValentin at 7:56 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The risks of GBS are not nearly as high as doctors have their patients believe, in many countries women are not even tested for it. I would never agree to an induction just so that you can get the antibiotics.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:04 AM on Sep. 11, 2009