Do you have bad days on a regular basis?

Like where the kids are not doing what they're supposed to and the baby is not taking their nap. It seems like I have one of these chaotic days once a week or so...is that normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have an autistic daughter, an OCD son, and a 3 yr. old. We have these days ALLL the time. Some nights I just can't wait for bedtime.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 8:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• wow...I have nothing to complain about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have those days too... My daughter is almost 2 years and sometimes if I'm lucky she will take a nap...
    I clean up and as soon as I'm done cleaning the house all the toys and crumbs are all over the house again.

Yepp, I'm having one of those days today...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 8:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't think it's uncommon for young children. Mine are older now and in some ways it does get easier. You get better at being a mom, they grow and mature and you all start to work together more. Also if they are in school it helps a lot too. Just having 6 hours of peace, or even the 3 if they are kindergarten kids.

So hang in there, take a little time for you, don't stress the little stuff and this stage will pass.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• teamquinn---you remind me of a guy we ran into last week. He just came up to us and said, "hang in there, it gets better. When the youngest is about 7 the days get much easier". It was so sweet of him because this was one of those days when we ran into him.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 9:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think it is very normal, and if you are limited to having only one of those days a week consider yourself blessed = ) I try and keep my sense of humor, and on the worst days I will hide and eat a piece of chocolate or do something little and nice just for me and that cheers me up = )
    Kristenclaire

Answer by Kristenclaire at 9:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• at least once a week, more like 2-3 times a week. and i only have one! i cant imagine how bad it would be if i had more, so i try not to complain. im really hoping its just a toddler thing...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Did someone say it would get better as the kids get older? I wish my son would mature. Don't get me wrong. I don't want him grown just yet, I just want him to act his age. He is 13, very strong-willed & extremely jealous of his 2 sisters (almost 7 and 4). We have days like that every day. The only time we have peace in the house is when he is not here. He went to youth camp for a week last year, and we did not want it to end. We were dreading when he came home. He also takes everything he does to the extreme. He whistles as loud as he can (& yells at his sisters when they whistle quietly). He makes noise all the time (but yells at his sisters when they do). He eats as much as he possibly can every meal (I don't know why he doesn't weight 300 lbs). He does not care about other peoples' personal space (but you can't get in his). When does it get better? AND I homeschool, so there is no break there either.
    Leslie2164

Answer by Leslie2164 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have two boys 3 and 4 only 13 months apart. They are both strong willed and have temper tantrums. I am firm with them and I know it will get better, but for now...every day sucks. The youngest just started with the getting out of bed a thousand times and I am ready to pull my hair out.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009