Im having a BOY and will be getting him Circumsized....help please?

I am very scared for him. I watched an informational on TLC describing what they do and I feel a bit eased by it but Im still worried about the taking him home and healing part.

How long does it take to heal?
I have bought only one tube of vaseline, how much should I stock up on?
anything else I should know?

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One regular sized vaseline is more than you need. It took my son who had the bell on (it's on of the method and a plastic ring is left around until it heals) about a week. My son who didn't have the bell only took about 4 or 5 days. Just keep the vaseline on it in between changings, other than that it's simple. Not much to do. I think for the first few days we had guaze over it, but the doc at the hospital should explain the details well. If not, then just ask and they will.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 8:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• He will be fine. It's been so long, but from what I can remember my little guy healed pretty quickly. You don't need much vaseline so I would just start with the one tube you already have.
    Congrats!! You're almost done:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Personally I don't believe in circumsizing. I would go to ask.com to figure it out if noone replys
    MaKettle87

Answer by MaKettle87 at 8:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my son actually slept through it!! and i have heard other ppl say the same thing. one thing my dr told me was that every time u have to change the diaper, u have to put the cream they give u on it and push the skin back, or it can possibly grow back. her sons did and she had to get it re-circumsized when he got a little older! but it heals quickly. i was scared at first.. i didnt want to hurt him and all that... i think it lasted about a week or two. good luck!!!
    juandmad09

Answer by juandmad09 at 8:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i will tell you it will hurt you more then it will hurt him, my son got it done and when I went to change him it was bloody and horrible looking I used only 1 tube of jelly, what I did was each diper change i wiped him down not touching the penis then put a glob of jelly and put another gauze pad and it healed in 3 days it was great however taking the tape off was so scary I thought I would ripe out his penis so I took a wet rag and soaked the area to make the tape loose it worked just keep in mine it only last a couple of days just one more milestone to get through,
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't do it...poor baby...I'm NOT judging you or others but its unecessary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It's really not that big of a deal, it seems and sounds a lot more scarier then it really is, just follow the instructions they give you at the hospital, it heals really fast and you don't need to stock up on vaseline,

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I did it for my son and after 5 mins he was fine and didnt have any issues..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 8:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• TBH, it didn't seem to bother my son at all. He didn't even need vaseline. I wasn't told to put cream on him or anything other than to keep it clean. The nurse brought him to me thirty minutes after the procedure and he was not crying or upset at all. We had it done the day after he was born. There was a tiny plastic ring on the tip of his penis and they told me when he was healed from the procedure the ring would fall off. I found it in his diaper one day. It was no big deal at all and I wouldn't worry.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't remember a ring? Is that something new they do?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009