Kidnapper safe child tracking?

I've heard that there are some child tracking devices out there for kids. I've seen some pictures and they don't look very discreet. I have custody issues and wanted to have something on my DD in case her father tries to kidnap her. If the device is an obvious blinking light on her ankle, he can easily just take it off and toss it out. Are there any out there better suited for my situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Unless you implant something under her skin most will be obvious and can possibly be removed.

They do have some that look like watches but it doesn't take much to look online and see that's what they are and remove it.

If you have such trust issues that you're afraid your child's father will try to run and kidnap maybe you should talk to a lawyer or judge and find out your options.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would talk to local police. Find out what they would recommend. There are some that look like bracelets or necklaces out there, they are very pricey, but they are there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Do a search for GPS Kids Shoes... I found some good ones.. But again they are $250 - $400...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My daughter's cell phone has a GPS tracking device. I can always see exactly where she is, and I will get a message if she goes somewhere she shouldn't.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would get her a cell phone wtih GPS tracking. That way you could track her AND if something happened she would be able to call you if she got the chance. Another tip I saw on here or the Today show (can't remember) have a code phrase for her, like if he ever did take her and had her call you would know by that phrase that she was really NOT okay- good for any child incase of kidnapping-for instance for my son (16 yo) he is to tell me he is on his way to see either his cousin who passed away or his biofather who he has no contact with.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• She's too young for a cell phone. She's just a toddler.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2009