"Why do AA and Latinos do this??"

I found this question after clicking on a link from my cafemom e-mail today. I wanted to know what "AA" meant and why Latinos did it. I'm guessing AA means African American - a new one for me. I couldn't give an opinion because you had to be a member of the group and I'm not a joiner. It appears this person thinks blacks and Latinos do not buckel their children in their car seats. I've never noticed this but apparently she has. Well, I can say I never see white children buckled in...so what...people see what they want to see. This person clearly has a problem with blacks and Latinos because she's made an observation that most normal people with more important things going on in their lives than whats going on in other peoples vehicles most likely wouldn't. I guess she is better than everyone else with children or is it because of her race that she is better...hmmm.

Iluvautumn

Asked by Iluvautumn at 8:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• Those observations are asinine
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 9:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I'm a woman of color and I make sure my kids are properly buckled up in proper safety seat. Sorry to disappoint her.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Wait... Didn't Britney spears drive her vehicle with her child on her lap and she's white! Yeah whoever posted that needs to worry about what's going on in their own vehicles. I am Hispanic, and my kids always wear their seatbelt no exceptions! I hate when people post ignorant questions that talk about race?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Hug ass rule for my AA husband. CAr doesn't start till everyone is buckled in. Including adults.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• IM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE SEEING ONE AA DO SOMETHING AND THINK THE WHOLE RACE DOES THE SAME THING .....I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE OF ALL RACES AND NATIONALITIES RIDE THERE KIDS IN A CAR WITH OUT A BELT JUMPING AROUND LIKE LIL MANIACS! ITS AGAINST THE LAW AND SHOULDN'T BE DONE! WHY WOULD SOMEBODY NOT DO SOMETHING THAT IS AN EXTRA PRECAUTION TO SAVING THERE LIFE AND THERE KIDS LIFE'S IDK!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• The group where you saw the post title to is "Discuss Racial Issues Here" or "DRIH", in which I'm a member of.  This groups discuss race/ethnicity/cultural issues, and it's not all about the negativity.  And "AA" means African American, unless it's another topic like alcoholics, when you here someone says they go to "AA" meetings...it depends on how you read the acronyms.  And I'm black and I always make sure (myself included) is buckled up.

mamadee1971

Answer by mamadee1971 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I'm Latina and I always make sure my children are in thier carseats and that they a installed correctly. I myself always wear my seatbelt and make sure anyone that gets in the car with me does as well... I have a sister with kiddos to and she does as well. As a matter of fact I can' think of any cousins or friends of color that don't buckle in thier kiddos. Maybe your friend should open her eyes a bit more and not stereo type.
    babyelqutob2

Answer by babyelqutob2 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009