slightly embarressing sex question

ok i just had my baby 3 months ago, and the last two times me and my hubby had sex(few days apart), i urinated during...i was so embarressed i was crying..he said its normal for some women to have that happen after just having a baby..ive never heard of it...has this happened to anyone?

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Health

• sorry for you embarressment but at least hubby is understanding. You need to work on kegals the muscles are not as tight as they used to be
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 8:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• This can happen. Your muscles are week and the vaginal wall is close to the urinary tract. Do keagels EVERY day- several times a day. This will help strenghten the muscles and help control the incotinance.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• yes. i know its embarrassing! it will get better... just do your kegel excerises & try to strengthen your muscles. & go pee before sex next time.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My sex life after I had my son was non-existent (I can laugh about that now), but I did have more incidences of "leakage" when sneezing or laughing really hard, so you're situation isn't all that surprising for me. Having a baby is a MAJOR trauma on your body. Give yourself time, talk to your doctor and give your husband an extra big hug - from the little you said, he appears to be really patient and understanding.

I'd also do a little online research to see what the "normal" time-frame is for the vaginal muscles to heal after childbirth. That may ease your mind.
    amy5272

Answer by amy5272 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yes it is normal. I have not had sex yet (had my son 4 weeks ago) but several times when I've had to go to the bathroom, I've just peed my pants without any warning. I asked my doc about it and he said its very common.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Are you sure you are urinating and it isn't female ejaculation? I ask this because this happened after my first pregnancy and learned it was NOT, in fact, urine. Our bodies change so much with pregnancy and having babies that not all bad comes from it... in time I learned to control it and, honestly, sex became SOOOoooo much better for me after becomming a mom... to think all those years I was afraid to have kids cuz I thought it would ruin sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• yea im sure its urine..it smells like urine...ive had female ejaculation before and when it was happening i thought thats what it was, but i was also smelling urine and found out it was actually urine...i know for a fact all the other times(before baby) it was not urine, but the last 2 times, it was. thank you to all of you, i dont feel as bad now.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• U should mention it to ur doc and start doing them kegals.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 10:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If it makes you feel any better , I pee on myself when i laugh or sneeze and i'm only 23, but I am 22 weeks pregnant. I feel like a old old woman. lol..... it will go away you just have to exercise those muscles down there. And I had bought these balls from a pure romance party, they are called ben wa balls, they may help you. Look them up. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009