I am dialted to 2 at 34 weeks... this is my 2nd baby but never happened with my first.. he was 12 days early but term.. what are the chances i will make it to term with this one? Has anyone been dialted at 34 weeks and went to term?

I ma having mild contractions but they are sporatic L&D sent me home

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was dilated to 4 cm for about 4 weeks up until I gave birth. I gave birth at 38 weeks. If the contractions come consistent and are about 5-7 min apart then I'd say give L&D a call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think the odds are pretty good you will make it to term...IF you take it easy and dont to too much walking ect. Is your doctor concerned? If not I wouldnt worry about it!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• After you have had a baby it's normal to dilate a few cms weeks before birth. Usually, but not always, your labor will be shorter because your cervix has opened before. You may still go to 40 weeks or even longer.

If you make it to 36 weeks there is a good chance your baby's lungs will be mature and won't have to go to the NICU. If you go into premature labor before 36 weeks go to a hospital with a maternity unit and a NICU. You don't want to be at one hospital and your baby be taken to another.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• With my first, I was dialated to 3 cm at 7 months. (I can't remember the exact amount of weeks anymore) I had stop working and be on bedrest at home. I was only allowed up for 15 minutes at a time, and then sit back down for a coupe of hours, and absolutely nothing strenuous. It was complete torture, but I was able to stay pregnant until 38 weeks. Good luck, I hope all goes well for you!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2009