why would you pierce a baby's ears twice?

and if that wasn't enough the cartilage too! I mean come on, once is enough if you even decide to do it at all...I personally think the child should be old enough to decide for themselves!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im not sure you actually get into the cartilage that soon. I have my ears pierced four times and it wasn't until the fourth time that I got into the cartilage. I know babies' ears are smaller, but are you sure the second piercing went into the cartilage or are you just assuming?
    amy5272

Answer by amy5272 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't understand why you'd do it even once. But you mean they did it up top? Ouch!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Legally they cant do the cartilage til age 14, so I very highly doubt it wasdone. And babies should only have their ears pierced ONCE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• well I am the OP and yes it was done. I don't know who did it and no, I can't confirm that it was actually in the cartilage, but I work in a pediatric clinic and this dad brought this 10 month old baby girl in and her ears were pierced 2 times and the top left ear was also pierced...I didn't think this up on my own...it actually irritated me so much I felt the need to post on here and ask why on earth someone would do that...I am posting anon for pt privacy purposes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't know why you'd care if it wasn't your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When you see something wrong do you not care because it's not your kid?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• always has to be an anon that says why do u care not your baby.. great answer to the question there that took some great intelligence to think up that response... NOW to actually answer(note this anon-this is answering a question) i think that its nuts to have a childs ears pierced period we do it for ourselves not for the child they dont ask for it, so that said to have it done twice is pure ludicrous!
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i dont think people should pierce babies ears period
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 9:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i have my daughter ears pierced and if anything were to happen i would never do it again until she was older. As for the cartilage being pierced you have to be one sick parent to do that to a baby. I know a couple adults that have it done and said it was the worse pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• wtf thats crazy. i didnt get a second ear piercing until i was 18...i got my ears pierced when i was 6. the things people do to their innocent little babies :( sucha shame.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009