My toddler was given some baby aspirin by the Dr. I need some help with the doses.

My DH put the aspirin in to a dropper bottle because that's the only way DS will take medicine. A full vile of the dropper bottle is 0.8 Millileters (sp?) and the Dr. told us 1 teaspoon every 6 hours. How many viles do I need to give him that equal one teaspoon? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• About 6 droppers would equal 5 mls (5 mls/0.8= 6.25)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:53 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I just measured this out with my own .8ml dropper into a tsp med cup it is 5 .8ml dropperfuls
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• 5mL= 1 teaspoon. With this, I would call the Dr and ask him/her how many droppers to give to = 1 teaspoon. If you have a med cup with mLs on the side you might try to measure it out in it then suck it back up and give it that way. If you have any cold med boxes in your home, it tells you on the back how many mLs are in a teaspoon, just in case you want to see for yourself.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• 5 mls is one tsp. so 0.8=6.25 dropers Next time tell your doc to give you better instructions...it is after all his/her patient. Jeeze.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Not that it has anything to do with the question but why would your doc give your toddler baby aspirin. . . I thought that it was a very big no no. . .

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I was always told not give asprin especially to babies...you might wanna check that ok.
    DarciMykell

Answer by DarciMykell at 11:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Ok, I just had to go look to make sure. Sorry, it's Ibuprofen, not Aspirin. Thanks for all the help.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009