faint line on prego test-read its a little different then other questions about faint lines

so the last normal period i got was on july 1st this year. it lasted until july 5th which is normal. then on the 15th of july that same month i got really really bad cramps not like period cramps and spotting, then it lasted until the 18th of july(abnormal) it did turn it to heavy full blown super heavy period around the 16/17 so i went to the doc for that and they ran blood preg test and ultrasound and everything, it was all normal and nothing wrong they figured it might have been just a random hormone thing. since that thing, i have not had a period. its now sept 9th like over 2 months since my last normal period. i have been taking preg test both digital and good brands and even dollar tree ones(i found out i was prego with my 1st son with a dollar tree one..lol) anyways, they all came back neg total neg. so this morning just for fun i took another and looked and there is a very faint lint where it should be positive. ideas

djanowski775

Asked by djanowski775 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• All the urine test i took when i was preg with my last child came up that way. I was sure i was preg and no matter how many test i took it lways came up preg. I watched my diet and start pre-natals just in case and wait two months to test again. Finally after 4 onths of missed periods i came up with a strong pos. I wouls call a doc if i were you though. Waiting like i did can be hazardous to you and the baby.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I would take another one, or go to the doc and explain EVERYTHING to them.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• ya i feel nauseas alot which i felt with my first preg and i also have the same cravings dont know if its a coincidence or what. i thought for sure i may be prego. see the line is faint but i thought oh well maybe the other line smeared but the positive line looks like a line tho to me. and the test was flat the whole time. ihave a dr appnt next week just thought i would take a test to see
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Well good luck with whatever the outcome!
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Try CLEAR BLUE EASY it flat out says pregnant or not pregnant. This happened to me just last week. I took a test and there was one obvious line and then a second faint line. I wasn't sure so I took another one (actually I took 3 more) and they were all positive. I also went to the doctor and had it confirmed.
    MotherofTahj

Answer by MotherofTahj at 9:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• well i took one like that where it was preg or not and was neg..but that was about a week ago..thinking maybe it was too early to tell
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• For both of my pregnancies the line was so faint you could barely see it. My dh didn't believe me with the second one. We tried to test again but they were still so faint. I finally went into the doctor and confirmed the pregnancy. My other friend's pregnant line showed up darker than the test line- so it's different for everyone.

Usually nothing at all will show up if you aren't pregnant, not even the tiniest faintest line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If I were you I'd go to the doc!
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 10:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You may be one of the women in the world that have lower pregnancy hormones in the beginning and that could be causing the faint positive and all the negatives. You may need to get an actual blood test to see if you are actually pregnant and are you only taking the test first thing in the am after you have not peed since the night before, you need that first morning urine :) Thats when the hormones are the highest.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2009