Did he lie?

I just watched the speech and nowhere did I hear where those with private insurance will pay a penalty. Nor did he mention that the gov't coverage will pay $4k a person per year. Where was these facts during the speech?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 9:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Did he speak?? Yes he did, therefore he lied.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• He also tap danced around the "finding the best course" area which translates to "bureaucrats decide which life saving procedures aren't cost effective enough to cover for anyone so there's no cry of favoritism"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• HAHA anon 922 so brilliantly put.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Because it isn't in the bill
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• And let the idiot housewife spouting of things she cannot even begin to comprehend (myself included) begin...
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• And I don't hide behind anon! So feel free to send hate mail. I relish in it.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think it's a good idea in the long run that you be required to have health insurence. Even with the best behavior, you can't predict the stupidity of others and getting in their crosshairs. So, I say suck it up and get healthy. I hate having to pay for other peoples mistakes and accidents through my insurence.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Again he lied as far as I am concerned.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Carpy, you didn't listen then. You decided point blank your opinion before you even heard the speech. That isn't constructive. He raised the question of individual premiums and didn't address it. Is that a lie? NO. Is it an answer? NO. Add to the conversation, don't be the idiot Congressman that heckled through the speech.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:33 PM on Sep. 9, 2009