is there a sippy cup that wont leak when left on the floor?

thank you!

littledozie

Asked by littledozie at 9:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I find that almost all of mine don't leak just as long as they are put together correctly, I do have a slight problem with the straw ones tho because they drip that little left over juice that is still in the top part of the straw every now and then and if my son "flicks" the staw they will splatter LOL . But just normal sippys I don't have an issue with. Oh and I usually buy the Nuby with handles or the best ones I get are Playtex with handles!! I hope I was helpful
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 9:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You can take a Tupperware bell tumbler seal and punch a hole in it with a regular hole punch. Go to the hardware store and buy aquarium type tubing for around 10 cents a foot that fits tight through the hole. Go home and put lid on bell tumbler and put tubing through to the bottom. Cut to length for sipping.

This is something they did at the children's hospital where my kids were frequent patients.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The Gerber ones that change color when cold were the only ones that I found that didn't leak. It was awesome.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I like the playtex without the handles best.
    I replace them every 2 months because they go into the dishwasher daily and after a while the litlle plastic thingy inside that will stop it from leaking will get kinda hard and stay open and they start leaking.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 9:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We use a Nuby that is suction and pressure activated. It is a straw cup. It is virtually spill and leak proof. We love these cups.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My favs are the Gerber ones that change color too. One plastic valve easy on easy off and NO LEAKS
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• avent magic cups. they are so great.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 10:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• All my Avent ones leak all over the floor They never close correctly, the hole in the top is too big and leaks all over my son's face, and he can easily unscrew the lid. The Nuby ones all leaked on me too. The only ones I like are the Gerber ones with the hard spout. I like the insulated ones, and the ones that change color.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• GERBER. they have a white plastic insert that is easy to clean, but very leak resistant. They have been the ONLY design that has worked for us. They are clear cups with rubber handles and a soft mouth piece- one that screws on and doesn't have to be lined up perfectly to stay on. They cost around $5 for 2 and are sold at Target. I thought nuby were awful.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:37 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• i liked all the hard topped ones. none of them leaked. i think they were playtex. my 2yr old is off of sippy cups now though. my 1 year old is on them, and the lil booger is so picky, she only likes the soft top ones, and she's figured out that if she bends the top the right way while upside down, she can not only soak herself, but also get milk/juice all over the floor. only one word for her: BOOGER!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 10, 2009