Court can really screw you.... anyone else having financial problems cus of court fines??

I am 29 years old... plenty old enough to know better. But I made the mistake of driving home after a night out with friends and got my 1st DUI. I had my licences revoked, I have to pay over 700$ in fines and then another 680 to get my license back... i had the insurance company drop me for being high risk (i was on my brothers ins) i have to be on supervised probabtion for 1 year and that even costs me too... 100$!!!
I don't know about anyone else but I have a family and 2 children to care for by myself, this was my mistake and I regret it. I just think the fines outragous and ridiculas!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• It was your choice. They are always warning us how much it costs to drive while drinking so it's not like you didn't know. Just think about it next time what you are cheating your kids out of toys bc you have to pay fees. Just be happy that you didn't kill anyone. No amount of money would bring them back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• nope, the rest of us are smarter than that. i can't believe ppl still drink and drive THEN gripe when they get caught and have to pay the fine and fees!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't think that the fine is enough actually. I think jail time should be mandated, even for first time offenders
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yea I agree with the rest. That was your choice. Now you gotta pay for it. Why drink and drive? Why not just take a cab? Or a smarter idea...have a DD. People get killed and permanently injured due to people that choose to drink and drive. Those are innocent lives lost because of someone's stupidity. I think the fines should have been higher with time in jail. And you are bitching because of fines? Gimme a break...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If you lived in AZ you would of done jail time even first offenders do, so who would of taken care of your kids then. The fines are supposed to be painful so you won't want to do this again. I hope you learned your lessen
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 10:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You chose to drink and drive so you chose the fines that came with that. Get over it. No one is screwing you at all you screwed yourself. Thank God you didn't kill anyone. My brother died at the hands of a half wit like you. He was on his way home with his daughter and a woman hit him she was not much over the legal limit but her ability to drive was impaired. He was killed instantly his daughter who was gifted and on the honor roll cannot even recognize her own name. She is never going to be the little girl she was meant to be because of someone like you. You should have went to jail and paid a huge fine and your car should have been crushed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think you got off easy. If they hit you hard the first time maybe you'll never be stupid enough to do it again. I'm trying really hard not to be rude here, BUT ARE YOU SERIOUS! I find it hard to believe that anyone would actually make this post. You have got to be someone just trying to "stir the pot." No one could possibly genuinely ask this question, but if you are..........You made a stupid, immature, irresponsible, selfish choice. Suffer the consequences of your own actions WITHOUT complaint. Let me ask YOU this........If a drunk driver hit your car while your precious children were inside, killing them and leaving you childless, would you care to hear her bitch over the fines, or rather, spending the rest of her life in prison? Consider yourself lucky. Take your medicine and for crying out loud learn from your mistake and DON'T DO IT AGAIN!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You CHOSE to drive drunk and could have killed someone. I really don't think the fines are outrageous. You did something stupid that very well could have killed someone, so yeah, you should pay. oh and BTW....The dollar sign goes BEFORE the number...ie $600.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The pretty girl in the lower left corner? That's what she looked like *before* she got hit by the drunk driver.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Two of my cousins were killed by drunk drivers.....if you have a family to support, and couldn't afford the fines, you made a selfish choice that is making them do without....you got off light. At least you didn't kill anyone or injure anyone. If the fear of hurting someone won't stop you, maybe the fines will.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009