Question about BBT and backpacking...should I take my thermometer on a backpacking trip?

This is my first month of using BBT, and actually our first month of officially TTC. We leave for a backpacking trip in a couple of days and I don't know how to pack for it. My husband is pretty big on packing light, and honestly I am too...little things can add up quick, especially when you have to carry it on your back all day. I have had a temp shift, so I am fairly certain I ovulated.

What do you think? Should I bring my thermometer? I could use any help I can get. I am so new at this. Thanks!!!

KnottyNikki

Asked by KnottyNikki at 9:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Skip the charting and stop worrying about your cycle and enjoy your trip. Relaxation and fun are wayyyyy more important than if your temp is changing by 1/10th of a degree or not. Just wait until it's time to test and if you're late, test. If you're not, you haven't wasted any time obsessing about temps. If you're pregnant, you're pregnant with or without obsessing about temps.

Just say no to the thermometer....lol.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• in this situation i would NOT pack it, and start over again when you start or finish your next period,
    its tough to do when you arent in your normal environment and normal sleeping pattern. extra weight. my SO backpacks when he hunts and measures everything out, even an ounce extra of food or plastic is considered cause its more weight.
    and you think you already ovulated.
    scrap it for the trip, do it again when you get back
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009