Ok, now I'm curious...did all you b/f moms keep some baby weight on until you stopped b/fing?

I've lost 20 of my 30lbs in the 3 months since I've had my dd but it's come to a standstill....do you think the last 10 will stick around until I'm finished b/fing?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It might. I'm 10lbs away from my PP weight and I've plateaued. But I'm confident that I'll lose the rest by new years.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 9:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Worse, I think the 20 you lost will come back. Quitting BF was awful for my weight!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My one girlfriend kept a like 15lbs on the entire time she breastfed. As soon as she stopped she dropped it in like a month. Don't let these ladies get a hold of you on here. You can start a war zone mentioning anything about breastfeeding.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I agree with anon. I am weaning my son now and I have already gained 8 lbs :( I don't want to know what happens next!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My sil lost 10 lbs in about a week when she stopped nursing. Everyone is different though. Your body will hang on to storage if it thinks it needs it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• OF COURSE!!!!!!!
    with the xtra calories and the stationary feedings, you cant take any fat burners, or shakes, and you cant diet...um yeah girl.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Some people hold onto it til they wean others gain some back. I personally plateaued for a while and then I dropped the rest somewhere around 6 months pp. My son is 14 months old now and I am 15 lbs under my prepregnancy weight with him.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 9:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• There is a certain amount of weight that just sticks around whether you BF or Bottle. I kept the weight until I worked out a lot. I BF my son til he was 8 months & weaned himself. However I lost all but 17lbs by the time he was a month old. From then until he was 3mo I couldn't loose it to save my life by watching what I ate. At 3mo I started working out & lost it all by the time he was 5mos. it has nothing to do with BF or not (although plenty of women I know told me BF would 'suck the weight right off' ha that didn't happen)
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Not me. I gained 24 pounds while I was pregnant and lost it all in less than 3 months. My daughter self-weaned at 23 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I lost 20 pounds during pregnancy and then another 15 while breastfeeding the first 3 months then was at a stand still so I think it is different for everyone... As soon as I stopped breast feeding I blew up like a blimp!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:22 PM on Sep. 9, 2009