question about sleep

How many hour a day should a 6 month old sleep?

caeruleusdea

Asked by caeruleusdea at 9:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 6 months old and this is what she does. Do not know if it is what a 6 month old should get but it is what I get out of her. She takes about 2-3 cat naps during the day. Usually about 20 mins but never really over 40 mins. Then she sleeps from 8pm to 8am (12 hours). It works for us and it seems that it works for her as well.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• On average, 12 to 14 hours but not necesarily all at once. Usually at least 10 hours at night, but that doesn't mean she will sleep 10 hours straight, and then cumulative naps during the day.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my son is 5months and does the same as vickwu's daughter, BUT he still wakes up 3-4 xs a night. He goes to sleep at 8pm and is up for the day at 8am. He's EBF...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my son vickwu's daughter but his he only take one or two cat nap 20 to 30 min goes to sleep around 10pm and awake up at 3am then at 7am im not sure if he getting what he needs
    caeruleusdea

Answer by caeruleusdea at 12:30 PM on Sep. 10, 2009