So embarrasing and no idea if these two things are related but I had a baby 5 months ago and since have what appears to be acne on my bottom!! help please.

I'm too embarrased to go to the doctor for this...I have little red bumps on my bottom, they aren't zits like you get on your face (you can't pop them)...but they are irritated and obviously not nice to look at...anyone have any experience with anything like this?? I'm desperate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same problem after having my son. I did ask the doctor and she said to use cortisone cream 3XD and a good quality lotion2XD. It eventually cleared up. With my daughter I just started the lotion and cortisone at the hospital! I never noticed as bad of a problem that time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:26 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• After I had my daughter I broke out EVERYWHERE! She is now 6 months old and all of it went away. My problem area was my clevage, I had so much there. I do not know if it is a normal after baby thing or what but it was bad.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It might be hyperkeratosis pilaris. Sometimes this is referred to as "chicken skin" and appears like a bumpy rash on the backs of your arms, etc. I have it and it is usually limited to my arms and sometimes my thighs. After I had my baby my whole lower half broke out, it was horrible. The only thing you can do for it is to exfoliate and moisturize, also be sure to stay well hydrated. Getting a lotion like Lachydrin helps too. It is usually because your skin doesn't exfoliate itself well and the dead cells build up making red bump and sometimes small whiteheads. You can usually "pop" some of them and a little granule of pus will come out. I don't know why it got so bad after delivery but I hated it. I am much better now but still not as clear as I was prepregnancy. I think it has to do with me still nursing and staying dehydrated. Hope this helps.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009