Should the heckler apologize?

John McCain has issued a statement saying that Rep. Wilson should apologize for screaming "you lie" at President Obama's speech tonight

Agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• agree.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Agree 100%

That is not how the American Congress behaves. There is a time and a place for objections and during a Presidential address is not the place. That man should have his platform, but he should also have respect for the President and respect for the American people by holding his tongue and waiting his turn.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• NOPE! I have seen lots of Congressmen shout out during a Presidents speech, get over it.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Some mealy-mouthed apology doesn't matter. How about he apologizes for lying about the health care reform bill, and accurately representing it to his constituents?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• The president doesn't respect ANYONE who disagrees with him. He call them hate mongers or scare mongers. You gotta give respect to get it.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Welcome back to the OLD Mac. Too bad you couldn't be around during the election

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• lying about the health care reform bill, and accurately representing it to his constituents?
    ________
    Because, you know the bill from front to back by heart and know exactly what he said cause you were there? You are not in the least bit going off of what you heard on t.v.?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Yes, Rep Wilson has the right to his opinion, but he outburst was rude and unacceptable. I would be ashamed if my children acted that way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• NOPE....not at all
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Nah. It's time our congress begin to look and behave like real people. Would I have yelled out at the President of the US - maybe. If that was my only chance to hold his feet to the fire - I'd probably take it. When are you ever gonna get the chance to have the president's ear - even if it ruffles a few feathers. Stand for what you believe, don't back down. When you've done all else - stand. Maybe that guy knows something you and I don't. Much, much more is at stake than just rather or not someone exercised etiquette and proper manners. It's a non-issue with me.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009