hands in pants

my 14 mo DD cant seem to keep her hands out of her pants! at first we didnt think it was any big deal. we would just take her hands out & tell her no. but today...ugg...today she pooped & then put her hand in her pants. luckily, i was right there...unluckily, she put her poopy hand in her mouth. so we cleaned her off & brushed her mouth out.

anyways...does anyone have any ideas on how to keep her hands out of her pants?! oh, & we tried onsies but they just dont make them big enough for her.

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 9:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At walmart you can get the granimal (not sure on spelling) brand onsies for up to I know 3t maybe further. They were folded with the other clothes in baby section. I don't know how to stop it. Every time my son puts his down his pants I tell him he'll get yucky on his hands and he pulls them out immediately. I know she's young so I don't know if that will work, but I told him that's where your pee and poop comes from and it makes him realize; however if shes playing in poop that prob won't work. Good luck hope you find a way!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• yes my dd is 2t and she still wears a onsie YAY Walmart!!
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 10:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• There are definately onesies out there that will fit her- they make them up to 4 or 5T. My son is always putting his hands in his pants- I think its because he never gets to touch his butt- something new he discovered one day and now he can't get enough of it.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:55 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I wish I could help you but my 2yr old son does the same thing. Even in his sleep! He gets it from his dad though.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 10, 2009