Will they take my daughter?

Okay, so My daughter is almost a year old....10-19-09 she will be. She has only been to 1 well check, and has had no shots since the hospital! Only because she didnt have medicaid or any other health insurance. I am afraid to take her now (we just got insurance) Because Im afraid they will say she was neglected. She only got sick once, and I took her to the emergency room. Im being serious, so plz do not bash me. Im SURE im not the only mom in this boat!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in About CafeMom

• There are a lot of people out there purposely do not get there kids shots. So I do not think they will take her away. Just bring her to the doctor and get her shot up to date. You could have went to a free clinic or the health department.

Answer by louise2 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You could just say you refused to get her anymore shots until she hit a year old. People do refuse to vaccinate there children until there older and sometimes all together. You really should be getting her in soon though just to make sure she is at the right hieght and wieght for her age and to just make sure she is devloping well. Good Luck!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Im not worried because of the shots. Im worried because she didnt go to a well check.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Oh hunny that's a tough situation. There are always medical facilites that give kids their shots for free. BUT u have the insurance now so go and get her whatever it is she needs. I am sure no one will think less of you.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 9:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Do what you can do now. I agree with the first response, there are a lot of people who make the choice to never do shots or see a doctor. And their children are not taken away.

I really encourage you to take her in for a well visit now that you have insurance. Just to make sure she checks out okay.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 9:58 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i'm not telling you to take her and they won't do anything but my nephew only had his first shots until he was 11/2. his mother just left him with her mom or my husband and I and and we were not alowed to take him to get the shots without his mother there so he just didn't see a doc. when he finally did they just took him to the Health Dept for the shots then to the doc for the check up. They didn't say a word to her. I was surprised about that i'll be honest cuz she had CPS on her becuase the babies father was abusive and they were checking on her all the time. But i'm sure each doc has their own policies.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 10:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• why didn't you have state insurance?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't think they will take her away.. I agree with the first poster take he in get her caught up on her shots if your daughter is healthy there should be no other red flags..
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Because, the state wouldnt give it to us! My dh is military. DD was going to appointments regular the first month. (DH had added her to our tricare acct.) When her next appointment came up, ut ohh, Your daughter is not insured yet, get it fixed then we can see her) So......hub has been sighning her up, and all of us up for dental, and NOTHING..........for a year! This wasnt one time, it was MANY times going to the "clinic"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• You know... I've heard personal fears like this (for other reasons) and I've addressed it with the medical field. They told me they don't look for reasons to take a child. If there are reasons they are obvious. Clearly your child is not neglected but if you are afraid you could always call different doctors (try *67 or whatever blocks your #) and ask them. They can't take your child over the phone. Good luck to you!!! =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 11:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009