I could use a few more answers if anyone has them

My son is 14 months old and has been walking since 9 months and he is bow legged. We asked the dr about it and she said that it should go away by the time he's 2 and that he got it from standing too early ( he stood at 6 months) . my husband and I are still concerned becuase we see little or no improvement. Have any of you been through this? and if so what was the outcome?

AshleyG.

Asked by AshleyG. at 9:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• dont worry about it. Kids stand up when they are ready, not when statistics say that they should. If he is bow legged now that doesnt mean he will always be. My brothers and me were all bow legged. I walked at 8mo, but Im fine. dont stress it.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:00 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My son walked around holding my hands at 5mths and his legs are fine, he's almost 4 now. Hopefully they will straighten up but is it possible that there is another reason for it? Maybe research and see what results you get.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Seriously your doctor is an idiot. See a pediatric physiologist. Your child could be fine or could have issues requiring braces.

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my brother was like that and it went away as he got older
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009