I take a sip out of my husbands beer before I pour it in his glass...

That's harmless, right?

Only a handful of weeks left til i deliver. I just want to taste it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LOL! You're fine!!
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• you can't wait seriously??? Nice!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• you just want to taste it? dont you know what beer taste like?? guess what it taste exactly the same as before stop drinking it smart one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It will not harm the baby. That sipp.

Answer by louise2 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I did it too. I had a sip of wine each week at communion too. I'm not too high & mighty to admit it. Maybe I'm a terrible mom. Maybe not.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I doubt one sip is actually truly harmful BUT why would you even want to take the tiniest of chances? I wouldn't even eat anything that had been baked with any type of alcohol when I was pregnant. It was an absolute non-issue. Because you are asking, you are concerned. You can live without that taste for the next few weeks and longer if you are planning to nurse.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i dont know if its harmful in such a small amount, but if you made it this far you can wait until you deliver im sure, WILL POWER
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When you bake with alcohol. the alcohol burns off. And it just keeps the taste of it. so eating food that was baked or cook with alcohol is ok to eat

Answer by louise2 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• i had a glass of wine when i was pregnant just that single glass at a wedding and she is a perfect healthy happy 9 month old
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Windy, it is ok to have one beer right after BF your baby, and nursing next time the baby is hungry. It helps with milk production. I would wait until the baby is eat at least 3 hours apart personally, but it's not going to harm the baby. And while ALL the alcohol doesn't leave when cooked, there's not enough in it to be concerned, and one sip of beer isn't going to hurt the baby. At least she's not drinking a few! That might harm the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2009