Obama speech fact check....

I found this very intresting. So he didn't lie...just a slick speaker?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g5ewCvsGcSPBeHJurb6qYZLVU8OgD9AK5BB02

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Employers sponsor coverage for most families, and they'd be free to change their health plans in ways that workers may not like, or drop insurance altogether. The Congressional Budget Office analyzed the health care bill written by House Democrats and said that by 2016 some 3 million people who now have employer-based care would lose it because their employers would decide to stop offering

Employers are free to change your health insurance company now. Nothing new about that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• sticking out tongueYep--he didn't lie! Surprise, surprise--oh wait--for the haters it is a surprise to be proven wrong yet again. :P~~~~~~

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 10:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Did we read the same article Ps? I saw lots of FUDGING the facts...if not out and out lying...
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It never ceases to amaze me how hard people defend the status quo. Insurance companies are in the business of paying out as little as they can. Employers have been going to cheaper plans and less coverage for higher premiums for years. Literally everyone I know is paying more, getting less, and getting regular denials. Why do people think that is the best way to go, never mind all the uncovered people?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

Right, NOT A LIAR, gotcha

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Did we read the same article Ps?

Silly. You assume she actually read it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• LMAO sweet..Did you rEAD the dang article?? Its actually interesting...I promise.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Mandatory coverage! Oh no!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It never ceases to amaze me when liberals look past the special interest love fest their liberal elected officials have in the Pharmaceutical, Trial Lawyers, and Hospitals/Hospital realty Corps and seriously think 'their' politicians is looking out for them..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009