how much is 2 much?

my hubby asked what i was planning for my DD's bday and xmas(2 weeks apart) for budget wise and i said 350 and divide it in half for bday and xmas(she will be a year) he said that its 2 much maybe at a year it is but idk lol maybe im 2 excited what is a good budget for you per kid per year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It really depends on your own personal budget. How much extra income u have after bills and things.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:16 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• we all know that your baby has everything she NEEDS and many things she wants, right? so, since she's only one, how about going easy on her, just a simple (age appropriate) dolly or some puzzles? why not get her books? they are the BEST TOY EVER!!! perhaps you can encourage grandma to sew her an quilt that will fit a twin sized bed, since that'll be a size that stays with her for years. she will remember NONE of this, and except for the photos you show her later, she'll have no knowledge that she didn't have a clown and a bounce house. (by the way, most people retain NO memory of anything before their 4th birthday). think about traditions you can start and the ways you can teach your child that christmas is about more than getting stuff.
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 10:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• My sons birthday is only about 2wks away from Christmas too. I haven't ever set up a budget for it, but I do buy presents early for both and split them between the two events. I think I normally have about 13 presents for both occasions.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• *for EACH occasion
    heartfrommyson

• i'd say we spend about $30 for each. we don't have a lot of money but also parents and grandparents buy him a lot too. i can't even imagine what could cost so much to spend $300 though... unless you buy a bunch of clothes or something...?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• op-ya i was thinking clothes or like the barbie jeep and that type of stuff lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We spent around 100 on my daughters first birthday and got her a kitchen set. I knew it would be something that she would play with for quite a few years. And its something that you can add to. Then for Christmas she got some toy food and kitchenware for her kitchen. Other things that wouldnt be expensive but kids love would be crayons, coloring books, etc. We also spend around 300 but thats when she gets all of that seasons clothes and into the next seasons. But honestly when they are that young, they are only excited about the first few gifts. Oh another great christmas gift we got her this year was a ball pit. And she plays in it everyday!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Take some of that money and buy a toy for an Angel Tree child.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• "the barbie jeep"

For a one year old?
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• well no lol im just using that as an example lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2009