Is there any way make Mother's Milk Tea taste better?

I need to bump up my milk supply and I was encouraged to try Mother's Milk Tea but I can not stand the taste! I'm not a fan of tea in the first place. Anyone have a suggestion to make it taste better? Thamks

happy2bmommy937

Asked by happy2bmommy937 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• add a little honey.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• If you're like me and hate licorice, no. All the honey in the world wont hide that. YOu can take fenugreek caps IF you have a true milk supply issue. If you're changing 6-8 diapers a day you're in the gold.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 10:28 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I hated that stuff! Brewers yeast tablets did wonders for my milk supply.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:41 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I dosed mine with Splenda. But let me ask this...are you changing 6-8 dipes daily? If so, your supply is fine and you don't need the tea at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:45 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I used honey, sometimes, but I actually liked it. I love tea, though.

Ditto what gdiamante said, but if you DO need a little help, you can use Fenugreek capsules or More Milk Plus or Blessed Thistle (I think, 100% sure about the first two, but I think that's what the third one is called lol). Drink lots of water, too. Oatmeal can help with supply. It hasn't been like scientifically proven, but many women swear by it.

If you haven't, try to get in touch with a lactation consultant if you're worried about your supply. They'll be able to give you the most options and advice, probably.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:24 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Yeah you could just take the capsules of fenugreek seed and blessed thistle. That is the main ingredients in the tea anyway. Plus by taking the capsules you have a better idea of how much of those you are getting. The tea is kind of hit or miss how much steeped into the mug. Also as far a the supplements go my Lactation con. told me to only use them for a couple of months then go off of it for couple of months before starting it up again so my supply wouldn't become dependent on them. also make sure you stay very hydrated!

I have also heard the oatmeal theory but I never tried it. -Good luck!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:28 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I couldn't drink it either... tasted like grass! YUCK
    I got More milk plus instead... little caps you take a few times a day, they worked well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:29 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Thanks for the advice. I think I may try some capsules if I can find them and use the other suggestions in the mean time. I am pumping and direct breast feeding because she never seems satisfied. Lately I'm getting less and less when I pump. Thanks again
    happy2bmommy937

Answer by happy2bmommy937 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I like it but I put honey and lemon in teas I dont like.
    here is a cut and paster to increase supply...oh and eat oatmeal daily ..

Increase Milk Supply-recipe

How clean is your house? Are you getting enough rest? Are you drinking to thirst?
    I would not give any formula but nurse on demand. Even if that is every hour. The more he nurses the more milk you produce.
    Mothers Milk Tea by Traditional Medicinals -you can order off the web site
    http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/us_products
    In the meantime here is a recipe for oatmeal banana nut bread that was in my book Mothers Food by Hilary Jacobson. The example that was given was to give to husband and let him make 2 loaves and you should take the baby to bed and let the house go for at least a week and eat 2-3 slices a day. This particular baby gained 12 ounces in a week.
    1/2 cup shortening
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 cup banana's (about 3-dark ripe ones-
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• You'll find the capsules at places like GNC or Natural Markets.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:07 PM on Sep. 10, 2009