familys with multiple pets...

INSIDE!! we have 2 large dogs,.one who is inside all the time except for when he goes to use the restroom outside..we have another large dog who is inside most of the time as well but at night he is outside..we also have a ale cat who is inside/outside but also is inside ,ost of the time..okay heres the question..how do you keep your home clean...LOL with the animal hair andthe animal smell..how do you keep it fresh? any tips? we just got the second dog today,so just wondering about any cleaning tipsyou have..for the beds they sleep on etc. thanks!

naturepeace

Asked by naturepeace at 10:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pets

• i have been told you cant tell that i have 6 cats and 2 dogs 4 of those are indoor/outdoor. I vac every morning and afternoon, the animals have been trained to sleep in certain areas and i make sure what they sleep on is washable and wash it 1-2 times per week. I also use febreze pet spray it has a decent smell and I also love candles so I am always burning a scented candle. As long as your pets have their own area it makes clean up easier.
    I do have friends with fewer animals and there is always pet hair all over their homes and they complain about it all the time. I guess it really has to do with your cleaning practices and training your pets. I admit in my bedroom my cats have a spot they love in a chair and i feel like no matter what i do i cant keep up with the hair lol its weird it is only this one chair drives me nuts.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:36 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I vacuum everyday. I wash the couch cushions regularly and brush them every other day. On top of that they take baths every week at least. It's a real chore to keep with that many animals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We have 2 large German Shepherds in the house all the time, so we put in all wood floors, except for our bedrooms. We don't allow them in our kids rooms during the day. I shut the doors in the morning. I vacuum everyday, and dust. I won't have a cat in the house, they give me the creeps and Hubby doesn't like them.
    The beds get washed once a week, they are removable so that's pretty simple. And we have ours groomed every 6/8 weeks. That helps a lot. I also trim them and brush them in between. I'm really picky about smells in the house but I have asked family and friends and they can't tell we have dogs except for the fact that they are right there and huge,lol..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I live with my mom right now, and we have a house full of animals. I have a Lab and a Shih Tzu, my mom has 3 Labs, 1 cat and a few large parrots. I vacuum EVERY day (some times twice a day). We use powder carpet freshener, this helps keep the carpets smelling nice. I also mop the floors often! We also use plug-in air fresheners to keep the house smelling nice.
    Our house doesn't smell like animals, even though we have many!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• We have 4 dogs ranging in size from English Mastiff to Morkie all indoor. We have hard wood floors except in bedrooms. It makes clean-up much easier. We do not let the larger dogs on the furniture but they have their own doggie furniture. I am a candle freak too so most of the time that is all I can smell. I try to keep them all bathed regularly... not a big prob in the summer cuz they like to go swimming in our pool so kind of takes care of the dirt/smell naturally.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• in my ouse we have 1 dog 2 cats 2 birds 1 turttle 3 fish 2 mice and 3 rats we vaccume r wooden floors 1-2 times a week and use murphys oil to mop, my mom also went and got animal ferbreeze to spray on the couches, when the couches need it we vaccum them we have leared its really hard to keep the house spotless when u have alot of animals but for the most part we only have issues whenit comes to changing the water on the tank the holds the turttle and fish...towards the end of the week it startes to stink...everyone else get cleaned as needed sometimes like in the summer the ordents get changes 2x a week in the winter 1x a week , the kitty litter is done every 3 days r dog is ony out when no one is home other than that hes inside
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:09 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• We have 2 dogs, a hairy 100 pound malamute and a hairy 15 pound sheltie mix, and one hairy mainecoon kitty and a bunny who visits the great indoors reguraly. I vacuum daily, sometimes more if for instance the bunny is inside (she sheds worse then the others combined). I have those plug-in smellie thingys too and these awesome candles that smell without ever being lit. Oh and dusting every other day is a must otherwise there is hair on everything. I also spot mop hourly lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• We have three dogs (four if we have a foster) two cats, a rabbit that does not live in a cage and five parrots. They all live inside. We have hardwood floors so it makes it much easier to clean. I sweep once a day and vaccum the area rug once a day. I wash the dogs about once every two weeks and the rabbit's litter box gets cleaned every couple of days. We vaccum the couch once a day and the dog beds get washed on the day the dogs get washed. I really have no issue with smell at all.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:17 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I have 3 cats and a dog. I vacuum very frequently and use a spray called fantastic ion the carpet before I vacuum. I also have dog perfume for my dog between baths, which are regular, every 3-4 weeks. I wash the dogs crate blankets and beds (yes he has several around the house. lol ) every Saturday. the cat box is in the enclosed garage with a cat door entrance. I am also obsessed with candles so that probably helps to. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:23 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Wash them at least twice a week.Buy a brush that picks up the hair so they won't shed all over their bed.Use febrezze.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 10, 2009