Pants from hell

As you can tell, it's laundry day lol, from my last question. I have this pair of black maternity pants that i loved when i bought but since i've washed it (time and again) it seems to gain more and more lint every time. I can wash it alone, with other darks, any temp, with or without fabric softner or dryer sheet. And it's not the kind of lint that comes off with a sticky roller either. it's ON THERE. it's 2% spandex 98% cotton. any ideas?

MHaney1980

Asked by MHaney1980 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Buy new pants...lol..next pr. hang to dry...don't mean to sound like I don't empathize...I do, been there and done that and it sucks~! I've learned, never dry anything with socks or towels...or t-shirts...in fact, just hang everything to dry that you really like and it won't end up like those pants.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• it sounds like the fabric is "pilling". you can take a razor (the same kind you shave your legs with) and use it to get rid of the pills. a bit time consuming, and you'll need to make sure the fabric is flat so you don't snag it, but it works.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I agree sounds like pilling. Turn them inside out when you wash them and it should slow it down.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Try washing them in a load of dungarees to see if that helps. I was any fuzzy material things with dungarees so the fuzzy stuff doesn't get all over clingy materials.
    From now on when you buy an item whose color you want to prevent fading, color spotting, or getting pulls like your black pants, turn them outside-in to protect them.
    Never use fabric sheets, by the way. They only coat your materials and clog your lint screen making it a fire hazard. Always try to use a liquid fabric softener in a Downy ball - it doesn't have to be Downy, either.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009