Why do i feel like im leaking?

Im 37 weeks pregnant and it feels like im leaking all the time (the last 2 days) but i cant tell if i am or not. im having some contractions but nothing consistent and im pretty sure I lost of of my mucus plug over the last few days. my dr broke my water with my first baby so i dont know what it feels like to have to brake on it own. any advice would be helpful! thanks

babyjohnsmommy

Asked by babyjohnsmommy at 10:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could have a slow leak. I would go see the doc and get checked ASAP.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 10:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When you go to the bathroom is there wetness and you didn't urinate? If so then you are probably leaking and need to go to you Drs especially if it has been a couple of days. I had a high leak and so my water never "broke" but there was a constant wetness. Call your Dr and explain your symptoms - you will probably need to be seen - good luck!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I have the same problem but doc said im not leaking fluid just the usual discharge just more than normal pregnant woman! U should talk to your doc cuz if u are leakin fluid than your at risk for infection
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• my sis had that and they told her it was mucus but when she didnt' stop and it got a little worse she called and went to the labor and delievery and they havea test they do to see if it AF. if it is then you're water broke and you should get the baby out soon to avoid infection
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 11:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• When my water broke, I had no idea it was breaking. I was standing at work and I thought I was peeing my pants but it didnt stop. Its kinda a different texture than urine. Kinda oily sorta. My birthing teacher told us that if we thought our water broke, Sit on the toilet and empty your bladder, then tighten those muscles, do a little wiggle on the sit and if more comes out when you release, then it is most likely your water, if not, it was just urine. I hope this helps. Still, call your doctor
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Is it a drip here and there, or pretty much like peeing?
    Does it have color or odor?
    Is your baby head-down and low?

It's possible that one of the layers is torn (could reseal). Or you have a high leak. Or it's discharge/urine (very common!).

When my water broke it was gushing for over a week. Since I was not having any contractions, I was not in labor.
    Water breaking doesn't have to be an emergency~ good luck whether it is or not!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Depends how many kids you have had because the more kids or if baby is low your bladder gets weaker. You could be peeing and not realizing you are. Or like said on other people answers that you could have a small leak. Safest thing to do is to get checked by you doctor.
    I had that problem and I hated to bug my doctor, what I did is I want to the bathroom and went pee then made sure I was COMPLETELY dry then I took a cloth and covered my pee hole then I did a little push and felt for wetness from my vagina and/or for dripping.
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It could be a lot of discharge! I was in 2-3 times cuz I thought my fluid was leaking and it was just discharge.
    When my water did break (funny story) I had just peed, went out to my truck for something, came back inside (mind you this is the day after christmas) sat on the couch SNEEZED and it seriously was like peeing my pants!! I was mortified! (dont worry the couch didnt get wet. lol) Mine was a quick "leak" dr had to break my bag still a few hours later and OMG the amount of water that came out... I soaked the whole bed plus my blanket :( you WILL know the difference if it happens.
    ballerina_06

Answer by ballerina_06 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• IF you do decide to go get checked (not my suggestion), please be sure to remember the "rule" that NOTHING goes inside, just in case. So no internal exams (or tampons, intercourse..) until you know you did not rupture.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009