What did you think about Obama's address to Congress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he's full of shit!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I think the spin factor is his ahh haaa moment
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Copy and pasting from the other question asked..
    I like the idea of the marketplace. I like the coverage for pre-existing cond.
    He said less than 5% of uninsured would pick up it could be funded on their premiums. There is NO way less than 5% can sustain the costs.
    His rhetoric on how it will be paid for and without a deficit, contradicts what many economists AND THE CBO have stated.
    Tort Reform IS a problem. Republicans on 2 occasions have proposed tort reform and it was blocked each time. It could save billions/year. Every little bit counts. But he is too worried about his trial lawyer cronies.
    With all this talk about Medicare waste, why isn't someone doing something about the waste today? All these Czars? You don't need to BILL to clean house. Come on.
    Why aren't we cutting costs in Medicaid? Between $80-120b/year in Medicaid waste, where is the talk on reforming Medicaid?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• He talked about opening up competition BUT with the Feds involved. So, a NEW Federal entity/agency must be created to encourage competition? I don't think so. The federal government is too big as it is.
    He didn't effectively address 'keep your insurance coverage", It many cases it may be financially beneficial for a small business to pay the 8% fine. Many business are paying 9% to cover their employees. If they chose to pay the penalty, what becomes of the employees? They must take the 'government option". SO they are an example of not getting to 'keep their coverage
    There is a gray area in the coverage of illegals. The census states that of the 46 million uninsured, roughly 10 million are illegals. On more than one occasion, (in his over 200 speeches on Health care) he referenced the census numbers. So, where is the detail SPELLED out that illegals will not be covered?
    grlygrlz2

• This is still a vague plan. He is trying to accomplish TOO much. He should break it down into 4 smaller bills over the period of the next 4 years. Give Americans time to fully digest, voice, and politicians time to READ, RESEARCH, and DEVELOP a NON-special interest infested bill.
    grlygrlz2

• I think he pretty much said what he has said all along. Instead of putting emphasis on certain words he did it to others and then changed a few guarantees to I'm sures and I believes.IMO, He failed plain and simple this "speech" has shown me 100% he is lost and will not last a total of 4 years. This was the crappiest "sales" pitch ever, all the GOP knew it, reason why none of them were as excited about jumping up and cheering unlike Pelosi. I really was hoping he would come in there and lay it down word for word plain and simple; but he didn't and of course towards the end he played the Blame Game! I have LOST ALL faith in his ability to run our country.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I was really hoping for a real plan...one that was fleshed out. He talked for almost 50 minutes without saying a thing. How sad.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• He talked for almost 50 minutes without saying a thing. How sad.

Kinda like the 1000 pages of vague crap in HR 3200

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

Exactly ladies, exactly!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

*sigh* It would be nice to have some more concrete information, wouldn't it?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2009