How do you deal with an ex husband who is very difficult, mean and very controlling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I have an ex like that but he was abusive too. I have a restraining order against him. Has he threatened you, do you fear for your life, or has he been abusive to you? If so you should get an order, too. I wish you luck
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Isn't that why he is your EX? You don't have to deal with him and if you two have children together and he can't be adult when it comes to that then tell him you will see him in court. You are in control now he is your EX honey so take control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Stay as far away from him as possible. Thank goodness he is your ex.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I don't. Thank goodness I don't have to - our kids are grown - but there have been times when it was unavoidable - and then I just grabbed my boot straps and did everything in my power to just remain cordial. It was the most I could do.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Don't speak to him. You are letting him control by keeping in contact with him. My x was like that and I hung up every time he called. He finally stopped.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:51 PM on Sep. 9, 2009