Hello My baby girl is 2 weeks old and has kinda like white spots on her tongue from her formula or something and she breaths hard at times. is that normal .

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could be thrush try taking a warm wet rag and wiping it off as far as the breathing I would ask the dr
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:30 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• It's most likely Thrush if it doesn't wipe off with a cloth. Take her to the Dr.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• There are times when children breath harder than others, depending on what kinda sleep they are in, When i find my 5 month old is having trouble breathing i clean his nose out, the doctor told me that little nosies is the best a few shotsof that up the nose, and the booger sucker or bulb whatever you want to call it cleared him rite up.Also for the tongue there is gerber grins and giggles infant tooth and gum cleanser, it's safe for them to swallow, and there is no floride in it i've got the apple and bannana flavor one, it comes with a tooth brush type of thing that looks like a thymbol (my spelling is horrible) and you put a little bit on it and clean there mouth and gums, my son has loved the taste ever since he was little that should deffinately get rid of the white spot on her tongue if it is from the formula. Hope this helps.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• that never happened to my son
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• also you need to sterilize all her nipples or it will just come back
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• I agree with the nose "thin-gee" ,how ever i don't agree with the gum cleanser ur baby is way too young for this ,this sounds like thrush which is a bacteria /fungus... from milk being deposited in the mouth "hidden pockets" or if mom is breast feeding and has a high count of yeast in her system,baby gets candida, yeast infection in mouth...

natural remedy... take a garlic clove crush it and dilute it in a cup of water let it sit for a while then with aQ-tip swipe inside of baby's mouth -just the clear liquid" you can do this every few hours

bay leaves tea...  simmer 5 bay leaves in 2 cups of water ,for 20 min...strain ,let cool,and do the Q-tip thing or you can get a dropper and apply it to baby's mouth gently wiping off the excess

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 12:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• my daughter had the white spots on her tongue at two weeks old. we took her to the doctor and it was thrush. The doctor told me that it doesn't go away untreated. The doctor said she probably got it from unsterilized nipples ever since we than we started sterilizing them and haven't had a problems since. My daughter is 16 months now. I would take her to the doctor just in case better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009