Asian Desserts?

im in charge of dessert for my family dinner this Sunday & im trying to find something Asian (we are having fried rice, stir fry, & egg drop soup). everything is fried on the websites ive looked at & i need to be able to make something ahead of time.

any ideas? my fall back is a lemon cake, but id really like to make something that better follows the "theme".

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 11:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://www.youtube.com/user/cookingwithdog?blend=1&ob=4#play/uploads/9/-Cv5LsqKUXc

Strawberry Ichigo Daifuku
    IceMistress105

Answer by IceMistress105 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• at a few of the chinese buffets i eat at, they always pudding, jello, some cookies and stuff, and chinese donuts. chinese donuts are great, theyre kind of like zeppolies or fried dough but a little more fluffy like a donut and its not powdered sugar, its a different kind of sugar. you could try and find the recipie for that if you want.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:39 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• to make chinese donuts you take the smaller cans of biscuits (not texas style) and fry them. Pillsbury usually sells these in a four pack in my grocery store
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:45 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• mmm baby- fried banana slices. Yum yum yum yum!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 1:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• http://www.asianonlinerecipes.com/desserts/delicious_desserts.php

Here is a website I found with lots of Asian desserts listed! Not all of them are fried!

I also think that they eat lots of fruit for dessert, I know they eat oranges for long life if I am not mistaken! Maybe you could make something with oranges??
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Mochi, sweet rice balls, is a traditional dessert. Others are lychee ice cream; green tea ice cream, fresh fruit.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:07 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Our favorite,though never made it, is sticky rice with a custard and mango--seriously yum,Very little of the custard type stuff is served mostly the rice and mango.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:16 PM on Sep. 10, 2009