Anybody watch ANTM? What do you think about this...

Why are all the girls on the new season (cycle 13, the petite season) wearing flat shoes? They are making such a big deal about them being 5' 7" and under, but they don't put anybody in heals when they go to meet the judges. I'm under 5'7" and I wear heels all the time, so I don't get this. Any ideas...?

CaLizzyMom

Asked by CaLizzyMom at 11:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• Its the begining of the season. Once they learn a few of the ropes, they will be expected to dress morelike models. But for the most part, a lot of them dont know how, yet. Im 5' 1'' , LOL.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:31 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I think because they're emphasizing their petitness that they want them in flats. What's the point of having a short season if everyone's just going to wear 4" heels? I dunno. That's what I thought.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 9:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• They probably want it to be really obvious how short they are.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:35 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I also think its because they are emphasizing how short they are. Most of the previous seasons, whenever there was somebody almost too short, they would always tell them to wear heals, don't make it obvious that you are shorter.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 5:18 PM on Sep. 10, 2009