why do we condemn

sex so much? besides getting pregnant and stds why is it so bad? is it because in the bible the lord requests to stay a virgin until married?
if the bible was never written do you think sex would be considered such a huge deal for a 17 year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• for a 17 year old? i was having sex when i was 17 .. and i wouldnt be suprised if my kids are either. i dont think sex is a bad thing, if your in a relationship and you guys atleast really care about eachother, think that you love eachother. its just bad if your doing it with alot of different people, or just anybody, and nto using any kind of birth control or protection.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2009

• Because in America sex leads to unplanned pregnancy and lots of money being spent on children we simply cannot afford.

It wouldn't be such a "big deal" if there weren't consequences....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Most people probably don't think you should start having sex until you are old enough and responsible enough to care for a baby because even with all the birth control in the world, you can still get pregnant. I know a mom that had a tubal and got pregnant 15 years later because somehow her tubes recconnected.

On the other hand I agree with you and the first poster. If you deeply care for someone and are being responsible about it, I see nothing wrong with having sex as a teen. I lost my virginity when I was 14 (to the man I neded up marrying!). I obviously had no way of knowing then that I would marry him but I knew the connection I felt with him. He is the only person I have ever been with and I love him more than I could ever explain. I know it doesn't go that way often but if you are responsible and care deeply for someone, I see nothing wrong with having sex with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• When I was 17 I was not mentally, nor emotionally equipped for the responsibilities, and consequences that came with having sex.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• the brain doesnt reach maturity until our early to mid 20's. THAT is why it is condemned as you put it, not so much the bible teachings, tho that as well. At 17 your views on sex and whom you have sex with are totally diff than the choices you make with a mature ba=rain at say 25...ask this...are you ready to care for a baby 24 hours a day forever? are you ready to confess to future partners that you have herpes forever? are you prepared to tell your loved ones you have aids and will be gone from them-forever? if you answered no to any of these...yu are not ready for sex either......
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• It always baffles me why teenagers come to this section to ask questions..yeah its that obivous...anyway, its a section for mothers who have teens not teen mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Teen are not ready for the emotional responsibility of sex. That's why shouldn't have it. They don't know what their expectations are or how to effectively communicate them to a partner. Poor communication lead to a ton of problems that could have easily been avoided. I know teens have sex, i had sex when i was young but it was stupid and i would go and take it back if i could.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Because most people whether they admit it or not are stupid when it comes to sex. They don't educate themselves enough before actually having sex so it leads to so many unplanned and unwanted pregnancies.. Spread of diseases (Most people think condoms fully protect you THEY DON'T!) and to be quite honest most young people only have sex to be "cool" and then later on live in regret because of the mistakes they made regarding sex.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:18 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Ppl have sex no matter what the Bible says. It would be prudent to remain a virgin until the person was mature enough for the responsibilities of parenthood but in this day and age it's possible but not probable. Which is why the role of older mom is important in teaching teens self respect, increase their self esteem and educate teens on consequences of sexual behavior. Personally I think masturbation is the way to go for teens but some moms don't even want to promote that. I was a grandmother in my 30's. That is NOT cool. I was not happy at the time over it but things happen. We all have to do better in teaching teens about responsibility.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:41 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Sex isn't the problem. It's pregnancy and disease. Teen ages don't belong having babies. And teenagers think they are invincible and won't catch a disease.

No one should be having sex until they have the maturity to deal with the consequences of said sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 10, 2009