in the locker room

my thirteen year old daughter made a 17u hockey team. She plays for the younger team though because there is two teams one a preperaation team for the other one/ ANYWAYS. my daughter told me that in the locker room there was a group of girls talking about how they got drunk and had sex at a party why another girl. should I tell the parents? she is not usually in a lockeroom with these girls it was just that all the other locker rooms where full so I am not going to take her of the team.
I feel like I should stay out I do not want to be nosy, but I am pretty sure it is illegal to be getting drunk at 17.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Sep. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Ignore it.. they could just be talking to impress each other. You have no idea if what was said is even true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• eh, i dont know. i proabably wouldnt call the parents if i was you.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• Stay out of it as it doesn't concern you or your daughter. When they start including your child in these dicussions then you need to intercede. Otherwise it isn't any of your business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't say anything.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't say anything either. I mean what would you say if you did tell the parents. My child overheard your daughter saying that she did xyz? It would just make you look like a busy body and your daughter like a tattler. I agree that it could just be the girls talking to impress each other, who knows what's really going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• not to be mean but if you went off and did that it would make you look like you dont have a life and you'd probably be settin your daughter up for a beatin next time those girls saw her....
    if those girls wanna live their lifes that way.. soo be it. let them liearn the hard way as long as it doesnt involve YOUR daughter.....otherwise tattling in a bunch of 17 year old girls for talking about things they shouldnt be doing is gonna get you no where cause even if you did say something what kinda proof do you have? " uh.. my 13 year old over heard them in the locker room...." the cops or parents will probably just laugh...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I agree if it ever came out that your daughters mom is a snitch your daughter will be the one paying for it. Also chances are they were blowing most if not all of it out of proportion. Teens usually stretch things to make themselves look "cooler" to their peers. Even if they did do it they aren't your kids and your daughter isn't hanging out with them so I don't think you have much to worry about yourself. Let their parents handle them.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:20 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• If I was the parent of the 17 year old, I would want to know.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:36 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I also would want to know if it were my daughter getting drunk and having sex. I would have my DH checked for stds if having sex, especially at a party.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I would jump on that info and call them. First, I'd focus on DD - help make her see the bad choices mad by these other girls, and make sure she is comfortable and is prepared to play sports in the midst of these girls - she has to be her own woman and not fall into their behaviour.

I'm normally in favor of telling parents, but you have to have solid information - frankly, if my kid or a reliable source didn't see it, I would leave it as locker room talk. Who knows? They could be testing your DD to see if she tells, etc And kids sometimes amplify things. If they talk about this, other kids and parents probably know, and if they haven't told the parents, I don't think a prefect stranger and late arrival to the team with 'hearsay' information should go telling the parents.
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 2:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2009